MajalahAsik.com - Here are few helpful hints about American table manners.
- Always place your napkin on your lap
- Dinner Conversation is important in the U.S. you should take part in the conversation.
- Never put your napkin on the table during the meal.
- Do not begin to eat until everyone is served.
- Do not eat with your elbows on the table. It is very impolite to bend over your plate as you eat.
- Never 'Slurp' your sop. Americans are shocked by 'noise'.
- Do not talk when your mouth is full.
- Do not wave your knife and fork in the air as you talk.
- Please remember that Americans do not use toothpicks at the table.
Unfortunately, not all Americans have good table manners. Nevertheless, with good manners, you will always be culturally correct.